This morning, when I got into the office, I was surprised by my tester who said that none of the bugs I’ve put in for testing are fixed. Imagine my amazement when I checked the
bug-branch I was working on and the
testing-branch and they had very different code! So I go to Petr and:
Me: hey Petr, did you get any conflicts when merging the
bug-branch into the
Petr: Yes. But I fixed them. I kept the
Me: You should have kept the
bug-branch code as it was the newest one (and I added it to fix some bugs reported on the
Petr: Yes, yes. That is the one I used.
Half of the day has passed since and we still have different versions of code even though the
bug-branch was merged into the
testing-branch…Petr is on it (fixing).